Affiliate marketing always was, and still is, the largest segment of my earnings, both from my sewing site and my previous blogging site. Everyone always wanted to know how I did it. Which affiliate marketing merchants pay the best? Well, I’ll reveal more in a later article about my thoughts, tips and strategies for affiliate marketing but for now, here’s a thought for you.
“Many small streams may combine to make a mighty river.”
(Danish proverb I believe.)
Why restrict yourself to 3 or 4 merchants to work with when there are thousands out there to choose from. Now of course not everyone is going to be compatible with your audience so it would (probably) be pointless trying to sell supplements for seniors on a parenting site – but you never know. Don’t write off anyone who has a good product and is willing to pay you money to mention it from time to time, or pop up a banner, or link on your site.
The more merchants you have to promote, the more affiliate links and banners you have dotted through your site and content, the more clicks you can generate – they all come together like little streams to make your mighty river. So what if you only get 30 clicks on a merchant that month and only 1 sale every 6 weeks. If you had 100 merchants being promoted around your site in various posts and articles, then that might be 3,000 clicks and maybe 30 sales in a month. With commissions ranging from a few dollars, to several or even to many dollars per sale, those 30 sales could be all you need to create a comfortable blogging wage.
Don’t limit yourself and your earnings with limited thinking! Be prepared to examine every option and avenue.
So here is a list of merchants from ShareASale you should take a look at. It’s along list, but keep going. Check them all out and see which ones just might just fit with your audience, your niche or even be something you could promote from time to time on social media.
Pro Tip – some merchants will auto-approve you as soon as you apply – awesome. Most however will review your site first. In the application box, do send them a short message to tell that what site/method you plan to use to promote them and why you would like to work with them. A personal note works wonders in getting your application approved.
Wait, hold on a minute – you aren’t even a member of ShareASale yet? You really should join them. ShareASale is the admin network for all of these merchants and their affiliate programs, and they run all of the links, stats and payments for you. You can’t join the affiliate programs without them. So if you aren’t a ShareASale member yet –>
Some ideas for affiliate merchants you can sign up with
I’ve selected these based on their commission rates, popular and varied products, tracking cookie length, good looking websites and attractive banners. The bigger ones are at the top of the list and to avoid burnout you might want to start with those first and then gradually add more later.
Larger merchants, or great schemes, or special offers to affiliates
- 1st in Coffee – sells trusted coffee machines of nearly every brand and type. Customers can shop for coffee (ground and whole bean), espresso machines, coffee makers, grinders, and accessories. A refurbished machine category offers huge savings. 90-day cookie. Perfect for food/cooking/recipe bloggers.
- Adidas – another great household name for you and another great discount. Excellent deals and banners as you would expect. Get a code for 40% off your own order when you sign up to this program.
- Blurb – enables anyone to design, publish, share, and sell their own bookstore-quality books. Blurb books feature professional printing, top-notch binding, and a range of customization options that customers use to make all kinds of beautiful books, from wedding books and cookbooks to baby books, travel books, portfolios, and more. PLUS- they send all new affiliates a code to design and order a book themselves for FREE – so then you can review it on your blog and drive sales with your recommendation. Great to sign up for this alone!
- California Wine Club – offer a selection of hand-selected, award-winning wines to suit all tastes. There are several great wine of the month clubs to choose from to fit any budgets. Ideal for foodies, and really anyone with an adult audience. 15% commission and 90-day cookie.
- Craftsy – online tutorials in crafts, sewing, knitting, quilting, cooking and more. Sometimes have affiliate only specials and giveaways. 30% commission on classes. Excellent communication and always advance notice of upcoming sales to promote. Affiliates can get free classes to review.
- CriCut. Do you use a CriCut or are you thinking of getting one? If you are a crafting blogger or have an audience who might be into Crafts, then this is a great affiliate program to join. They also give you a 30% off discount as an affiliate so you can get your own machine, materials etc at a discount! Even if you don’t plan to promote it, you can use the discount to get yourself some cheap supplies or a nice new machine.
- Flirty Aprons – something for everyone, ideal for food bloggers but craft bloggers will love this one too. Great communications and lots of specials and sales to promote. 15% commission, 90-day cookie.
- Gazelle – sell your used gadgets for cash. EVERYONE has an old phone or something they aren’t using. Go around your house, check in all the drawers for your old phones, IPads, iPods, computers and write a blog post about how much you earned just from sending in things you don’t use anymore. Affiliate bonus – extra $10 paid when you send in your first items. Earn 15% on what people send in. Average trade in value $160.
- Grammarly – pay you a $25 bonus just for signing up and adding a link to your site! Thereafter you get 20c for each person who uses their free service (recommend it to all your friends and readers) and $20 for anyone who upgrades to the premium version. Grammarly is the world’s leading software suite for perfecting written English.
- Jeulia – one of the leading retailers for unique design jewelry online. Global shipping with an average order value of $120+. Pays a 15% commission and 45 day cookie. Stylish and affordable jewelry, mostly in sterling silver.
- Marbles, the brain store – love this one. Fun and educational toys and activities for kids and the whole family. Works for any family friendly blog and especially homeschooling and education.
- Mod Cloth – a top online retailer of vintage-inspired and independently designed clothing, accessories, and apartment items.
- One Kings Lane – very well converting – the leading online home and lifestyle shopping destination – very high end, high value sales. PLUS – they give all new affiliates a $15 coupon code to spend. Great to try them out and then write a review and recommendation which can convert better than a banner.
- PandaHall – huge online retailers for crafts, especially beading and jewelry making supplies. Ideal for craft bloggers to promote. More than 400,000 items in stock. HUGE average order value of $250+ means an order at 10% earns you a great commission.
- Powder City – one of the top 100 merchants on ShareASale. Powder City seeks to provide the lowest prices to customers on raw health supplement ingredients, more aimed at the DIY supplement crowd and businesses shopping for bulk supplement ingredients. Ideal for all health and fitness sites, and can also fit with some food and nutritian sites. 8% commission.
- Reebok – you cannot go wrong promoting a household name like Reebok on your site. Plus they will give you a $25 bonus when you make your first sale! Worth it.
- Stella and Dot – for fashion bloggers and anyone with a female audience. Good sales commissions, long tracking cookie and huge $100 lead commission for introducing new Stylists. Regular newsletter with specials for affiliates.
- Warby Parker – most people are going to need spectacles at some point in their lives so your target market for this merchant is huge! This company provides higher-quality, better-looking sunglasses and prescription eyewear at a fraction of the price – and for every pair sold, a pair is distributed to someone in need, which is a great aspect you can promote on your site. Long cookie, high average sale and even a lead commission for people just to try on some frames at home for free without even buying anything.
Smaller merchants but still lots to offer!
- Sun Frog Shirts – high converting custom designed t-shirts. 35% commission rate and 90 day cookie.
- TruDog – great for dog lovers. Food, supplements, grooming supplies and more for your 4 legged doggy friend. 90-day cookie and 10%+ commissions.
- Tuft and Needle – actually sell high-quality mattresses. In fact the highest rated mattresses in the world. Made in the USA. Free 100-night trial and a 10-year guarantee. 5% commission can earn you a nice payout. Worth placing a sidebar banner for this one.
- True & Co – for fashion bloggers and any site with a female audience. Lingerie, bras, underwear retailer. Very attractive site and beautiful products. Lovely rotating banners to really catch your readers eye, and a generous 45-day cookie length.
- Montage – a very nice photo book site with reasonable fixed prices, an easy to use and quick interface, and an attractive 90-day cookie. Plus bloggers can get a free photo book for themselves in exchange for a review.
- Creative Bug – another great one for the crafting blogger. Have a subscription service or a pay as you go option for their classes. A wide range of classes to promote in all sorts of subjects. Pay-per-sale commissions of 75% on initial paid subscriptions, 20% on multi-month subscription packages.
- DAWGS – well-known foot wear brand, made in the USA. 20% commission and 60-day cookie.
- Globe In – monthly subscription box featuring our favorite products from global artisans. Each box is curated around a monthly theme selected by our editor with the aim of helping you experience new and interesting products and cultures. It’s a subscription box you can feel good about! $12 commission.
- Ideal Shape – highly converting and motivational weight loss and nutritional supplements website. 20% commission rate with average order over $100. Long cookie. Also pays $10 for you to write a blog article or review of their site and products, or they pay you $10 to offer a giveaway to your readers!
- Magazine Agent – 40% commission, Top 100 vendor, plus buyers save on the magazines too
- Kidorable – I don’t know how anyone could resist buying something from this cute shop! From rainwear to backpacks to knitwear and towels, Kidorable speaks to the precious spirit of childhood. Fireman, fairy, dinosaurs, and so much more. Feature these products on your kids, and watch the orders roll in!
- StudioPress – promote the most beautiful and/ or professional WordPress themes based on the popular Genesis framework
- Buy Cool Shirts – fun t-shirts site with movie, pet, comic, funny and more shirts. Something for everyone. 15% commission.
- FashionMia –
- Hip Knoties – fun 1 garment 30 days site. Ideal for fashion bloggers, or anyone with a female audience.
- Elite Serum – Elite Serum is the #1 selling and highest converting anti-aging eye treatment on the internet. We pay an industry leading 50% commission on all orders. The average sales ticket is $97 as 25% of customers buy multiple units.
- Lose the Back Pain – a LOT of people suffer from back pain – especially if they spend too long at the computer. Very good high converting website – and up to 80% commission!
- Mouseflow – pays a recurring monthly commission! Great software for website owners that shows where visitors are looking and clicking on your site.
- Stuffed Animals – everyone loves a teddy! Invites you to join our affiliate program where you’ll earn 15% commissions on all sales with 90 return days. Their average sale amount is approximately $40 with high conversion rates.
- Cents of Style – a great way to earn money for your company by referring your customers to a company that prides itself on rock bottom prices and fashion-froward products. Cents of Style sells the latest woman’s fashion accessories, shoes, handbags, jewelry etc
- Fashionmia – huge inventory of great clothes at great prices. Average order $100+ and 15%-20% commission makes for nice potential earnings for fashion bloggers and anyone with a younger female audience. 90-day cookie too. Worldwide shipping.
- Global Eyeglasses – more specs and sunglasses – more and more people are buying their specs online. Over 60% of people wear glasses, and almost everyone uses sunglasses.
- Zeko Shoes – these look super comfy – I would be tempted to buy a pair myself. “Strap ’em on, Let’s Go!” Zeko shoes are great for fishing, boating, fitness, biking, walking, and just about everything shoe. Zeko shoes are “An All-Terrain vehicle for your feet” that feel like you’re wearing a sock with a sole!
- Label Your Stuff – perfect for mommy blogs. Moms that have children from 1 to 12 of age. LabelYourStuff offers a range of All American Made personalized name labels for all your family’s stuff. Clothing labels, waterproof stick-on labels, shoe labels, bag tags, allergy alerts. Our iron-on labels don’t fade and our stick-on labels are dishwasher safe and microwavable.
- Silver Rush – Silver Rush Style Inc has one of the largest selections of Handmade Gemstone Jewelry available anywhere on the Internet – over 8000 unique designs.
- Dream Hugs – It’s Smoobee, the Magic No Cry Brush ™. Kids absolutely love it! Smoobee is designed just for kids. Its’ gentle bristles are uniquely designed to effectively brush through hair without snagging or catching. It works! Smoobee is getting rave reviews from customers and selling “out the door”.
- 60 Second Facelift – Advanced Wonderlift lets you look 10, 15 years younger in only 60 seconds. Over 1,000,000 customers worldwide thanks to successful tv promotion!
- Belle and June – Beautiful, well-crafted home accessories give a living space its own distinct character and turn a home into a haven. The right home accessories proudly and confidently express a distinct style and personality.
- In the Mood Intimates – I understand that ‘intimate’ items can sell very well – ladies prefer to buy online than in store. In the Mood Intimates – What are you in the mood for? Intimate Apparel for all your different moods… We encourage our customers to shop by Mood.
If you find any others which offer great deals to affiliates for signing up, i.e. a cash bonus, discount, free product etc – do leave a note in the comments for this post so we can all enjoy!