If you have a product, service or supply that you can sell online, we can help you get started with your own website. Whether you sew, quilt, knit, paint, make pottery or sell your photographs, if you make it and have people who want to buy it, then an online store is the way to get your products seen and into the hands of your customers. Even if you don’t sell a finished physical product, this storefront can be used for selling supplies to other crafters, funny t-shirts to people who love cats, knitting patterns, or your eBooks to people who are looking for advice from people just like you.
We provide a full e-commerce site setup service for those who want to operate their own online store, but don’t want to get all geeky about it. If you don’t need or want to know how to set up your own website from scratch then you can let us take care of that for you. We will take all of the information you provide to us from a comprehensive set-up questionnaire and deliver to you a fully functioning e-commerce website, ready for you to add your own products and your own personality.
Take a look at the example site here at Glorious Bags. Your site can look just like this, with your own products, your own store name and domain name, and the pages and info you need to run your business. Please allow an estimated turnaround time of 7 days.
The setup service includes:
- Building a website with a similar look to the example site at GloriousBags.com
- A WordPress website with Artificer theme, and a WooCommerce online store setup
- A color scheme of your choice from the standard options available
- Installation of all the necessary plugins
- A home page with space for 4 of your best products, contact details (optional) and your latest blog article
- Welcome message on the home page with a clickable button to your store page
- Additional pages filled with content you supplied – About, Terms and Conditions, FAQ, Contact
- A Blog page ready to accept your articles
- A top menu bar with links to your store and pages
- Setup of social sharing buttons for your products and articles
- Optional Portfolio or Gallery page ready for you to add pictures of your previous work
- Footer widgets containing social media icons, site navigation and social profiles for your FB page and Pinterest accounts
- A store page featuring your products or links to your product categories
- Product category pages
- A fully functioning cart and checkout system, which accepts PayPal
- A comprehensive 80+ page reference booklet which explains the whole process of how to set up the site yourself, explains all of the settings, how to add products, write or change pages, write blog articles etc.
- 2 hours of follow up support and questions within the first 7 days
Not included or additional services:
- Purchase of your domain name and hosting account. Cost $12.18 for the first year. We will send instructions on how to do this before turning the site over to us to build.
- Adding any products. Instructions supplied for how to add them yourself.
- Customizations to layout or appearance other than picking from one of the standard color schemes
- A My Account page for sellers of digital products along with an SSL certificate ($15 extra)
- Newsletter sign up box for your footer or sidebar ($30 extra) Custom newsletter sign up box ($10 extra)
- Ongoing support or changes to your site ($35 per hour)
Your next steps
Getting started is easy. Ask us first if you have any questions using the Contact page or the link at the bottom of this article. Then add the service to your cart, check out and follow the instructions and link to our questionnaire. Complete the questionnaire with your personal details and add in any information you already have written to add to your store.
You might want to take some time and think through the wording for standard pages on your site such as your About page and the Terms and Conditions. Fill this in on the questionnaire and submit. We’ll then be in touch with the next steps and a likely timetable for the completion of your site. Leave it all to us to get everything ready for your launch. In the meantime, start work on some great photos and descriptions for the products you want to sell, and your store will soon be open for business!